I’m not yet a veteran parent. I’ve not weathered the teens. But having spend a goodly number of years in the baby infantry and finally got all three off to proper school, I like to think I’ve earned enough stripes reach at least the rank of Captain. There are however a number of things which continue to mystify me:
– Why boys always manage to get wee on the loo seat and why I never remember this and sit down anyway.
– Why as soon as one child has got over a period of grumpiness or bad behaviour another one starts. Like a particularly annoying relay race.
– Why teddies appear to breed in children’s beds.
– Why they wake up so bloody early in the morning.
– Why as soon as you mention, or even think about, a parenting related issue going well, it all goes to pot. As if there’s some kind of parenting bad fairy who can read our minds.
– How to get rid of nits.